Day 6! Short update today after tons of phone calls, move packing prep, and packing for a trip.
- Removed the mocked plant data for my testing and built out the plant addition
- If there are no plants, hide the chart, show the form, and show a header
- After adding a plant, hide the form, render the chart, and show the Add a Plant button
- Only add the resize listener after the chart renders
I also tried to fix a bug with the color picker where it wouldn’t close, but didn’t solve it.
Amanda gave me another good idea today: For items like tomatoes, it would be good if there was another bar at the end that was lighter to signify a harvesting time window.
- Dig in further to tailwind for styling
- Read the Ember Data docs
- Use D3’s
update()to update the chart instead of destroying and redrawing it
- Break the components apart