Bob pays to freeze his brain after his death. He wakes up a century later with his memories and thoughts trapped in a computer. He then gets put in a Von Neumann probe and sent into space. Each of his replications share his memories. Soon there are hundreds of Bobs.
- There are three books in this series so far. I’d label these three books as fast reads. I read 50+ pages per sitting.
- The writing wasn’t excellent, but what Taylor lacks in style he makes up for with thought-provoking ideas.
- The names are silly and the covers look a little iffy. But they are REALLY fun reads! I can’t wait until the next installment comes out next year.
- The first book is good, but you get pulled in with the second book.
- Topics covered:
- World creation
- 3D printing
- Artifical vs real intelligence
I’m excited for the fourth one to come out next year!