Above: Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Feta, and Bacon – my latest recipe at The Primal Challenge.
Primal Apple Crumble (a recipe from my parents!)
Also, here is the recipe for the delicious dish in the photo above:
Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Feta, and Bacon
3 chicken breasts
1 bag of fresh spinach
1/2 lb of bacon, dice all but 3 pieces
1/4 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat your favorite fat (I used olive oil) in a skillet and start cooking the diced bacon along with the diced onion and the spinach. Saute it all together. Don’t worry, the spinach will cook down quickly.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- In a bowl, mix the sautéed spinach, onions, and bacon with however much feta cheese you prefer.
- Spread the minced garlic inside the butterflied chicken.
- Put the spinach, onion, bacon, and feta mixture on 1/2 of each butterflied chicken breast and fold the other side back on top of it.
- Top each stuffed chicken with the pieces of bacon you set aside earlier.
- Place on a pan and bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the top of the chicken and crisp the bacon.